Birds of Belize
Limited to 12 Guests | 4 Hours | $55 US per person including a late breakfast
To reserve a tour, please email us at email@example.com or call at (+501) 722-0108.
Join our Birds of Belize ecotour with one of our bird specialist rangers for an early morning bird monitoring session. Belize has around 500 birds, and our Golden Stream Corridor Preserve is home to almost half of them.
Follow the trail and listen and look out for some of the 200+ birds that make the Golden Stream Corridor Preserve home, recording them as you go. See if you can spot Belize’s national bird - the keel billed toucan as well as the ornate hawk eagle, bat falcon, swallow tailed kite, yellow headed parrot, 2 types of hummingbird, 5 types of kingfisher, 6 types of woodpecker, 10 types of tanager and 16 types of flycatcher! We will stop and listen to calls and search out birds moving between trees as they feed in the morning, recording the species as we go.
We will follow an established ranger patrol trail but you can expect to get muddy and hot during this birding encounter. So what better way than to finish off with a cool dip in Golden Stream before returning to our field center for late morning refreshments.
Fitness Level: Moderate.
- Sturdy walking shoes / boots. Expect them to get muddy and wet depending on the season.
- Non-aerosol bug spray.
- Light weight long pants and a long-sleeve shirt with the option of a T-shirt or other quick drying shirt.
- Binoculars and a camera if you care to get a closer look and record some of your sightings.
- Swimming costume and towel if you fancy a dip in the stream.
- Water and a snack or two for the trail.