Ranger For A Day
Limited to 14 Guests | 3 Hours | $50 US per person including lunch
To reserve a tour, please email us at email@example.com or call at (+501) 722-0108.
Join us on an unparalleled experience in the Belizean jungle alongside a local Maya Ranger. You will be part of an official Ya'axché ranger patrol of the 15,000 acre Golden Stream Corridor Preserve.
This unique trek will give you the opportunity to play an important role in the protection of this vital forest corridor. As an honorary Ranger for the Day, you will contribute to the daily wildlife logs; record key species of mammals and birds along the riverside trail and learn how our rangers detect signs of illegal hunting and fishing.
You will hone your own detective skills as you learn to identify jaguar, puma and tapir tracks, identify the unique call of the montezumas orependola and spot possibly hummingbirds, toucans and curassows.
Your boots will likely get muddy and you should be prepared to get sweaty but after a morning of adventure you are invited to enjoy a refreshing dip on the Golden Stream River, the lifeblood of the Golden Stream Corridor Preserve.
To be a Ranger for a Day you will need to be fit and ready for a hike in hot and humid conditions.
- Sturdy walking shoes / boots. Expect them to get muddy and wet depending on the season.
- Non-aerosol bug spray.
- Light weight long pants and a long-sleeve shirt with the option of a T-shirt or other quick drying shirt.
- Binoculars and a camera if you care to get a closer look and record some of your sightings.
- Swimming costume and a towel if you fancy a dip in the stream.
- Water and a snack for the trail.
Start Time: 9:30AM Starts & Ends at: Field Station in Golden Stream Village (Directions).